It’s never too early to start thinking about the next big thing in fashion. Here are four trends that we think will be big in 2022, so you can get ahead of the curve and try them out before everyone else does. Trust us, you’ll be glad you did!
- daring silhouettes: We’re seeing a trend away from safe, boring clothing and towards garments with more daring silhouettes. Expect to see lots of crop tops, body-con dresses, and high-waisted pants in the coming year. Fashion enthusiasts will love how these pieces show off their curves and allow them to express their unique sense of style. However, we don’t recommend wearing these items if you’re not comfortable showing a lot of skin.
- unexpected pops of color: neutrals like black, white, and grey have been dominating the fashion world for years now. But we think that’s about to change in a big way in 2022. Saturated hues like electric blue and lime green will start to make their way into your wardrobe, whether you’re opting for a brightly-colored dress or a pair of statement shoes. If you’re not ready to go full-on rainbow, try pairing one bold item with more neutral pieces.
- vintage-inspired pieces: Clothing from past decades is making a comeback in a big way. Pieces like printed wrap skirts, acid-wash jeans, and ruffled blouses are all making a comeback. And we think this trend is here to stay for the long haul. Not only are these clothes fun and nostalgic, but they’re also usually very affordable. You can find vintage-inspired pieces at thrift stores, online retailers like ASOS and Etsy, and even some high-end brands like Gucci and Prada.
- sustainable fashion: sustainability is becoming more and more important to consumers, which means it’s also becoming more important to the fashion industry. Sustainable materials will take over most of the fashion theme for years to come. Linen materials based items such as linen pants, shirts, skirts and many others sustainable based clothing is expectedly growing in popularity. We predict that sustainable brands will start to gain more traction in the coming year as people become more aware of the environmental impact of their clothing choices. Look for sustainable brands that use recycled materials, low-impact dyes, and fair trade practices.
- athleisure: Comfortable, athletic-inspired clothing has been popular for a few years now, and we don’t think the trend is going anywhere anytime soon. In fact, we think it’s only going to become more ubiquitous in the coming year. So if you’re looking for a way to add some comfort to your wardrobe, consider investing in a few athleisure pieces. You’ll be glad you did when you’re lounging around at home or running errands on your days off.
- statement accessories: Accessories are a great way to add a little personality to your outfit without going too overboard. And we think they’re only going to become more popular in 2022. Look for statement pieces like chunky necklaces, oversize sunglasses, and bold earrings. These items will help you make a fashion statement without having to spend a lot of money on new clothing.
- monochromatic looks: Wearing one color from head-to-toe is a great way to look put-together and fashion-forward. And we think this trend is only going to become more popular in the coming year. If you’re not sure how to pull off a monochromatic look, start by picking a color that you love and then building your outfit around it. You can also try mixing different shades of the same color to add some interest to your look.
What do you think of these fashion trends? Are there any that you’re excited to try? Let us know in the comments!
There’s no need to wait until 2022 to try out these trends! If you want to get ahead of the curve, start incorporating them into your wardrobe now. And don’t forget to shop sustainably whenever possible!
About Sunny (Sunny’s Profile)
Longtime vegan, hardcore compassionate beauty junkie, serious cake aficionado, and lover of all things floofy and sparkly! If there’s something in particular you’d like me to review, drop me a line at [email protected].
You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Google +.
Filed in: vegan fashion
Do Diptyque Candles Ever Go on Sale?!
10 Makeup Items I Reach For Everyday & Would Never Be Without – The Anna Edit
Beauty Review: 5 Reasons I Love Conscious Coconut Oil